Bomb Shelter Basement (Bulkhead : Part 3)


This is not a how-to video. It is a documentary of what we did.

It wasn’t our intention to build a bomb shelter, but it sort of came out that way.

Part 1. THE DIG:
Part 2. THE POUR:
Part 4. FINALE!:

We added a bulkhead to our 18th century farmhouse. And while we were adding a bulkhead, we decided to dig out our basement, pour some new walls and add a concrete floor! This is part three… Stripping the forms and preparing for the final stages of the project. The main goal was to seal out water, rodents and snakes.

(This project took place last summer, July and August 2017.)

Related posts

Leave a Comment